Tuesday 5 October 2010

Imagine


It took me years to realize the potency of ones imagination.
A person doesnt have to sit at the top of Everest to know what the view looks like from there.
Is it the same to have merely imagined being there, and acting as if, in your minds eye, you were really there? Feeling all the sensations that you think you would feel, if you really were there.
I think a person can. What's better still, I think you could actually have an even better and more intense experience than just passively taking in the view of what's actually out there in reality.
Of course that raises the issue of reality.Everything we see, hear, touch, smell and taste is filtered and perceived so differently, none of us ever will get to truth.
Is the scene in the painting above, real or imagined?
Sometimes, I'm really not quite sure anymore.
Maybe that's the point of me being an artist.Bending reality to fit with the model of the world I would want.
Just because I see it in my head, doesn't mean it's not real.
Is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment